top of page
Once Whissonsett had three pubs;
The King’s Head in King’s Road, now called New Road.
The Bell and The Swan and also a beer house called the Jolly Farmers, all in the High Street.
The Jolly Farmers closed in 1870 and the row of cottages in which it stood was demolished around 1960.
The Bell closed about ninety years ago, the King’s Head in 1970 and the Swan in 2006.
So now alas there is no village pub.
bottom of page