The Post Office
The Post Office was near the village sign but sadly is no longer open although a mobile service does operate out of the Village Hall on selected days.
The building which was the Post Office is one of the oldest in the village and has, over the years, been a tea dealers’, drapery, druggist, grocer and general store with a private school. It was a Post Office from 1917, until 2012 when it closed, and had only three post masters and mistresses in all that time.
The first Whissonsett Post Office was in the Terrace in London Street and the post master was James Thing. The Victorian letter box is still in use.