Playing Field & Village Hall
With all the various sports and activities that were taking place it became obvious that a proper village hall and playing field were needed. Fund raising began.
Loan certificates were sold to raise cash and all kinds of fund raising activities, including gymkhanas, were held.
In 1949 the playing field was bought and in 1953 the village hall was opened with the new Whissonsett Bowls Green behind it.
Some of the first people to use the hall were the members of the newly formed Happy Circle Club for the over sixties.
The hall is still well used but there are no longer any football players or cricketers using the playing field.