St Mary's Church
St Mary’s Church at Whissonsett has had a place in the heart of the village — both literally and metaphorically — for 750 years.
Approached from the south, it has a beautiful setting among beech and yew trees.
Work is thought to have begun on a stone church in around 1250, which makes the Millennium a special anniversary for the parish.
The oldest parts of the church are thought to be the lower parts of the tower, which is otherwise 14th century. The chancel may well date from the late 14th century, although most of the extant parts of the building were re-built in the 15th century.
For information regarding the church please use the links below:
For information about the church today please visit: